Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The IND Experience

Michel and I have heard both horror stories and success stories about the IND (The dutch immigration office) process. So, naturally, we went in a little nervous about how things were going to go. Before making our appointment, we did a lot of research via web forums, blogs, the IND website, and emailing people who have been through it (Quick note: Thanks for all of your help Isabella!)

Needless to say, we went in pretty prepared with what we needed. Surprisingly, the immigration process in the Netherlands isn't really that difficult. They need lots and lots of paperwork (and a pretty hefty fee), but as long as you have a dutch citizen with a decent job and a place to live backing you up, then it seems pretty cut and dry (but we'll see for sure in 3-6 months when we get word on whether or not i'm approved). For now, I got a special sticker in my passport that lets me stay here until the end of September or until we get word from the IND. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad it went smoothly for you :-) And I am positive you'll get your card! Maybe even before September because you did it all so quickly & efficiently. Next step after that, your sofi nummer & you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I've awarded you a Great Expat Blog :-)
    Come check my blog at this blog entry to get your award:
    http://atouchofdutch.blogspot.com/2009/05/awe-sum-and-more.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete